Theft & Vandalism Claims

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, there are approximately 3.7 million burglaries that occurred every year in the U.S. Almost every day, a homeowner in the US has to deal with theft and vandalism. Understanding the contract of insurance when dealing with theft and vandalism claims is crucial. If you have also been hit by a criminal who has destroyed or damaged your property, file an insurance claim as soon as possible.  Typically, the homeowner’s insurance policy will list “Theft” & “Vandalism or Malicious Mischief “, as two separate perils to be insured against. In many occurrences, a property owner will incur losses from both during the same event.  If a theft or vandalism claim is not properly investigated and presented by a homeowner or policyholder, it is possible that the insurance carrier may consider addressing the loss under two separate claims, therefore applying two separate deductibles.

Property crimes can happen at any given moment. They usually tend to occur at residences where it is either not occupied during times throughout the day, or throughout a given time frame. Someone may have a home in Florida but leave for 6 months to Canada during the hot season in Florida. These are the times that criminals take advantage.

You may walk into your home and find that you suffered at the hands of a thief. Having a coverage for vandalism and theft is very important if you are ever hardly home. These cases require a great amount of attention and professional advice.

Insurance companies will want you to settle for less and may not give you what you are due. Identifying the difference between these two listed perils is what an experienced public adjuster will outline initially in the investigation of a claim. So, the first thing you must do after you discover your property has been vandalized is to call the police. The police will make sure the criminals are caught and prosecuted!

The importance of a descriptive police incident report is what will set your claim for a better outcome. The second thing is calling a public adjuster! Hiring an experienced public adjuster will not only help in recovering benefits for items that were stolen or vandalized, but also ensure that property damage that has been overseen as a result of the entry to the premise is addressed.

Prime Public adjusters are ready to answer your call and come to assess the loss you have suffered. We will be there for you and help you file a theft and vandalism claim in order to get the damage to your property repaired. However, in order to get enough money to cover for the repairs and losses, you must make sure you do not destroy the evidence of the crime by trying to clean up the mess. Both the police and your insurance company must know exactly what has been destroyed or stolen.

Theft & vandalism damaged property

  • Broken doors and lockets
  • Broken window glazing and frames
  • Damaged flooring materials such as: tiles, carpets, wood floors
  • Broken fixtures
  • Water damage resulting from the removal of appliances, mechanical units, plumbing systems

Theft is typically defined as property that is stolen. Property owners and claimants will find that the homeowners special form policy may have surprising limitations to items that have been stolen.

  • Personal items with limitations
  • Silverware, trays, trophies, & tea sets
  • Jewelry & timepieces
  • Firearms & related equipment
  • Cash
  • Electronic Apparatus such as tapes, players, or discs
  • Items within a motorized vehicle when stolen

Vandalism or Malicious Mischief on the other hand, is the deliberate offense of destroying or damaging someone else’s property without their permission. Therefore, filing a vandalism claim and hiring a public adjuster is essential.

Do I also have other property damage?

The initial documentation of your theft claim, and vandalism claim for your damaged property is imperative in providing the evidence needed to create an initial presentation to your insurance company. Taking photos and videos with a smartphone or any other device will help solidify your claim and show important documentation of damaged property that may not be obtainable at a later time. Contacting an insurance claim professional such as a public adjuster is beneficial in the documentation of damaged property at the early stages of an insurance claim.

We find that homeowners and other policyholders at times fail to understand and identify the nature and extent of their damage. Our adjusters have the experience and trained eye that allows us to immediately understand the scope of repairs with clarity. Prime Public Adjusters will advise that the property be thoroughly investigated and tested where needed in order to identify damage unseen to the naked eye. It is imperative that such issues be immediately addressed and identified at the early stages of presenting an insurance claim for theft & vandalism residential losses.

  • New Claim?
  • Denied Claim?
  • Under Paid Claim?

Contact Us Now!!

Our team of Public Adjusters will sit and discuss with you the claim process and give you instructions on how to mitigate the damages and how to proceed according to your insurance policy.

Hablamos Español




8333 W Mcnab Rd Suite 114,

Tamarac, Fl, 33321

Phone: 954-226-0003



1973 Longwood Lake Mary Rd,

Longwood, Fl, 32750

Phone: 321-275-6591